IEEE Medals, Technical Field Awards, and Recognitions
The IEEE Awards Board administers the awards and recognition program of IEEE. Through its awards program, IEEE advances the interest of its members by recognizing their contributions in advancing the fields of interest to IEEE and to the benefit of society. By this means, the image and prestige of the organization, its members, and the profession are all enhanced.
IEEE awards recognize exceptional contributions to all IEEE fields of interest (technical and nontechnical) made by organizations and individuals regardless of nationality, gender, age, religion, ethnic background, or other personal characteristics not related to ability, performance, or qualifications. The IEEE Awards Program is committed to pursuing diversity in all its operations to help realize and maintain fair nomination and selection processes without bias or discrimination.
Since 1917, the IEEE Awards Program has paid tribute to technical professionals whose exceptional achievements and outstanding contributions have made a lasting impact on technology, society, the engineering profession, and humanity. Recipients of IEEE-level Awards are recognized as the most influential members in their chosen field. They are revered for their resolve to discover, extend, or complement technological advancements in education, industry, research, and service. Each year, new recipients join the prestigious IEEE Corporate Awards honoree list through a selective nomination and approval process. View the history of IEEE Awards by visiting the Engineering and Technology History Wiki.
It is through the support of the volunteers and sponsors that the IEEE Awards Program continues to recognize the outstanding achievements of distinguished professionals worldwide. Learn how you can contribute to support IEEE Awards Medals and Activities.
IEEE Awards Board Members at its May 2022 planning meeting in San Diego, California, USA. The Awards Board holds a planning meeting every other year to discuss and set its strategic goals for the program.
IEEE Awards Board
- Chair, Nim K. Cheung
- Vice Chair, Michael P. (Peter) Kennedy
- Past Chair, Karen Panetta
- Member-at-Large, Michael Andrews
- Member-at-Large, Serge Demidenko
- Member-at-Large, Paolo Montuschi
- Member-at-Large, Adam Skorek
- Division Director & Board Coordinator, Christina M. Schober
- Region Director, Anthony Matthew Francis
- Medals Council Chair, Jerry Hudgins
- Recognitions Council Chair, Jason Hui
- Technical Field Awards Council Chair, Serge Demidenko
- AB Presentation and Publicity Chair, Rafal Sliz
- AB Treasurer, Deborah Cooper
- AB Joint Awards with National Societies Standing Committee Chair, Supavadee Aramvith
- EAB/ARC Chair, Sundaram K. Ramesh
- MGA/ARC Chair, Preeti Bajaj
- SA/ARC Chair, Yatin Trivedi
- TAB/ARC Chair, Georges Zissis
- USA/ARC Chair, Michael Andrews
- AB representative, IEEE Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Ramesh Nair
View the Awards Board’s standing committee members: https://rosters.ieee.org/home.html